Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) is the early stage of cognitive ability loss (such as language/hearing/ visual/spatial perception) in individuals who maintain the ability to independently perform their activities of daily living. The 4 ½ year study done by Rush University nutritional epidemiologists found that people who followed the MIND diet had 53% less reduced risk of moving onto the dementia spectrum.
The overall findings:
- Maintain good blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and blood sugar levels.
- Stop smoking and Limit Alcohol intake.
- Get an adequate amount of Sleep.
- Follow the MIND diet
- Mediterranean Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay (MIND)
- 9 things to incorporate in your daily diet: green leafy vegetables, raw nuts, berries, beans, whole grains, fish, poultry, and olive oil.
- 7 things to LIMIT in your diet: red meat, butter and margarine, salt, cheeses, sweets, fried and processed food.
Are you willing to make these small changes to your EVERYDAY life to maintain a healthy lifestyle going forward? The only thing you have to lose is your memory!! https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mind-diet