According to the National Institutes of Health, heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women in the United States. Best Valentine gift you can give yourself and your loved one is to take care of the only heart you have! Even small, consistent changes can make a big difference.
HDL, High Intensity Lipoprotein (H= Happy) sends cholesterol particles from artery walls back to liver for processing! LDL (L=Lousy) Low Intensity Lipoprotein causes build up and narrowing of arteries.
The following are key factors in helping your heart be at its BEST every day.
- Make Healthy Food Choices. Vegetables, fresh fruits, nuts, whole grain, beans, seafood, olive oil. Eliminate all processed foods, refined breads and crackers, cookies and cakes.
- Decrease Excess Body Fat. Commit to positive body changes, that shift you towards healthier diet and life style.
- Get Moving. Walk at least 30 minutes EVERY DAY. All physical activity throughout your day helps your heart.
- Don’t Smoke. High risk caused by Vaso Constricting Nicotine.
- Make a Plan. Work with your health care providers to make a plan, so that you can improve your overall health and make your heart happy!