June is men’s’ health month. Realize your heart is the muscle that pumps blood around your body. It beats up to 100,000 times a day to deliver oxygen and the nutrients needed for your body to work properly and be healthy.
There are conditions of the heart that need to be monitored professionally, such as angina, arrhythmias, coronary heart disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy and stroke. If you have any of these conditions, please be sure to have regular check-ups with your doctor and do what you are told to do to look after your heart.
Tips to keep heart tip top:
• Be smoke-free.
• Manage your blood pressure, understand the numbers and what high B/P is doing to your heart.
• Manage your diabetes, know your blood sugars, follow your diet and take your medications.
• Be physically active, keep on the move.
• Achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Mediterranean diet is the tastiest to follow, to incorporate variety of nutritious food in your diet
• Look after your mental health. Men experiencing any depression, anxiety, stress will experience physiologic/ psychological effects, such as increased heart rate and blood pressure, reduced blood flow to the heart, and heightened levels of cortisol.
Have a personal plan that help you achieve a healthy ticker healthy. Ya’ only get the one!