You need to see your MD. Realizing you have 5 minutes. Maintenance of a CURRENT UPDATED health history is one of the most important steps to improve your quality of healthcare. A good medical history can literally be a life saver. Having this info documented is more important, if a family member or HCPOA, needs to step in at a time of crisis. The more efficient you can make your visit, the better outcome you will receive. You should arrive prepared with the following written information:
- Chief complaint or complaints specific to that healthcare provider. Specify all that has changed from previous visit.
- Vaccination Update.
- Give specific numbers for things: like how long had the symptoms or how much pain, on a scale of 0 to 10. Show all information you have; daily b/p, sugar, daily weight or change in medication reactions.
- Give any associated symptoms, as they often the key to making a correct diagnosis. Have you had similar symptoms previously?
- If you are feeling depressed, lack of socialization, difficult getting out of bed?
- Questions on recent medical test, lab work, EKG’s, scans.
- Current medications changes, including all over-the-counter supplements, any CBD use.
- Give truthful use of tobacco, alcohol, CBD or recreational drugs
So, GET TO IT! Get Better Care.