The pandemic caused tele-health visits to increase into the 100’s of millions. Telehealth is here to stay. Prepare to get the most out of a tele-health visit.
1.Determine with your doctor’s office, that a tele-health call is appropriate for you.
2. Be prepared to provide your doctor with information,
they may need to give you to develop your plan of care, lab values you
question, change in B/P, change in weight, decrease in output?
3.Have all your current information in front of you, in
writing, before the call starts.
4.Make sure your phone and/or computer are equipped to take
5. Do a sound test to make sure you can hear over the computer.
6.Choose a private, quiet room for your appointment, and
make sure you have everything you need.
7. Your health care team will ask you questions and work
with you to develop a plan of care, in response to the symptoms that you share.
8. Write down the questions, you develop during the call, and
get the answers before the doctor hangs.
9. Always ask for the next steps (plural) you should
expect after the call
Be Prepared, be your best Self- Advocate!