The “adrenal fatigue” theory suggests that prolonged exposure to stress will drain the adrenals leading to a lowering the cortisol levels need on a daily basis. The adrenal depletion appears to cause feeling tired, “gray,” and having fatigue that doesn’t get better with sleep. Foggy brain and craving salty and sweet snacks, low energy, depressive mood, salt and sweet cravings, lightheadedness, and other vague symptoms. Your body’s immune system responds by revving up when you’re under stress. Your adrenal glands, are small organs above your kidney’s, respond to stress by releasing hormones like cortisol and adrenaline. When depleted your immune system goes into stress mode.
- Suggested Support for healthy adrenal function are:
- Diet low in sugar and caffeine and processed or junk food.
- Vitamins B complex like Super B, Vitamin C, Magnesium and Zinc.
- Getting 7-8 hours of sleep at night.
- No or low alcohol intake.
- Balanced diet high in vegetables, proteins (50 grams p/d) with healthy fats.
- Deep breathing ( in 4 out 6) multiple times a day.
- Frequent laughter to release our happy T cells.
Try several of these suggestions and as you feel better incorporate them all.
Stay Health Alert …………. Feel Better