Is your body cranky coming out of winter? Chronic inflammation is the common cause. Symptoms include: fatigue, body pain, anxiety, gastro upset, persistent infections. Quickest treatment is to spring clean your diet. Spring is ripe with a variety of healthy vegetables and fruits; many boosts impressive nutrient to quiet inflammation. According to the American Dietary Association eating followings foods can ease symptoms of chronic inflammation in our bodies. Food is literally our fuel. Eat better for a strong, long-term immune boost.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower have vitamins A, C and E that increase needed antioxidants.
- Eggplant and dark berries have anthocyanin, a powerful antioxidant with anti-viral benefits.
- Leafy greens are all lutein loaded for anti-inflammatory help.
- Oranges, mangos and strawberries have vitamin that will boost white cell production.
- Onions and garlic have allium sulfur compounds that fight germs
- Pumpkin, sweet potatoes and carrots have beta-carotene to increase immune cell activity.
- Red Peppers have both beta-carotene and vitamin C.
- Red Wine, 4 oz a day is a Yes! It has catechin which supports antioxidant activity.