Where are the kindnesses, we all practiced after 911, 20 years ago? Kindness and humanity in our nation were everywhere. Let’s all try and bring it back. Need a lift these days and want quick results to try a random act of kindness (RAK). Special credit if you don’t get caught. When we practice random acts of kindness, positivity is release, we feel better and the recipients of our RAK’s feel better, which then makes them more likely to be kind to other people, so it is the beginning of paying it forward. Mother Teresa once said, “We may not do great things on this earth, only small things with great love.”
So here are a few ideas. Can you come up with better ones?
- Make a call to an old friend ask “How are You doing”?
- Make a call to apologize, you both will feel better?
- Send a card (USPS still working).
- Send food or money to the food bank.
- Bake cookies and share with neighbors.
- Smile at everyone your see, even behind a mask you can tell.
- Do yardwork for a neighbor that cannot.
- Leave water for the folks that pick up trash, mow the lawn.
- Give someone an encouraging note
- Leave a small amount of money for someone to find.
- Let someone check out before you at the store
- Call a long-lost relative out of the blue.
- Volunteer to wash the dishes
- Pick up donuts or bagels and treat some of the “essential business” folks.
- Tip your server an unusually high amount when you get to dine out.
- Send care packages…………. you will know who!
- Now you come up with creative ideas and feel the joy that will come back to your many times over.