Radom Acts of Kindness are both Free and Contagious! A Random Act of Kindness is giving your best self to others without requests or promise of return. A Smile costs nothing but the rewards can be great. RAK’s will give your spirit a healthy boost! Studies show that RAK’s create an emotional warmth, reduce blood pressure, increase oxytocin which is known as a “cardioprotective” hormone. RAK’s can make the world a happier place for everyone. If you need a lift today and want quick results to try a rRAK or two. Extra credit if you don’t get ““caught“. When we practice random acts of kindness, positivity is release, we feel better and the recipients of our RAK’s feel better, which then makes them more likely to be kind to other people, so it is the beginning of paying it forward. Mother Teresa said, “We may not do great things on this earth, only small things with great love.”
So here are a few ideas. Can you come up with better ones?
- Make a call to an old friend ask “How are You doing”?
- Make a call to apologize, you both will feel better?
- Send a card (USPS still working).
- Send food or money to the food bank.
- Bake cookies and share.
- Smile at everyone your see.
- Do yardwork for a neighbor that cannot.
- Leave water for the folks that pick up trash, mow the lawn.
- Send someone an encouraging note
- Leave a small amount of money for someone to find.
- Let someone check out before you at the store
- Call a long-lost relative out of the blue.
- Volunteer to help clean up after an event.
- Pick up donuts or bagels and treat some of the “essential business” folks.
- Tip your server an unusually high amount when you get to dine out.
- Send care packages…………. you know those that need!
- Now you come up with creative ideas and feel the joy that will come back to your many times over.