Bloating usually happens when excess gas builds up anywhere in the (GI) gastrointestinal tract. When bloating occurs, it may be possible to speed up the relief process by tackling the common triggers for bloating:
- Digestive issues.. Constipation and food allergy intolerances can lead to bloating. Excess gas may also build up behind the stool, making the bloating worse.
- Diet. Fizzy drinks, too much salt or sugar, and not enough fiber in the diet can all cause bloating.
Relief may be found:
- Take a walk. A walk around the block can provide fast relief from gas pressure.
- Peppermint oil capsules may also be helpful. Manufacturers may advertise them for the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) also relieve bloating.
- Abdominal massage by placing the hands just above the right hipbone, rubbing in a circular motion with light pressure up toward the right side of the ribcage. Then rubbing straight across the upper belly area toward the left rib cage as you move slowly down toward the left hip bone. Repeat until relief.
- Eat more fiber, gradually. The recommended daily fiber intake of 25 grams (g) for females and 38 g for males.
- Eliminate soda and chewing gum from your diet and lower your sugar and salt intake, take notes by keeping a food diary. Be honest.
- See a doctor when bloating continues for days or weeks, as it may indicate a health issue that needs medical attention.
Try them and be healthier, everyday