Hearing loss is Never Normal. Mayo Clinic studies have shown that hearing woes grow into cognitive decline. When hearing difficulty prevents you from engaging in your life that will lead to the psychological consequences of social isolation and depression. Suggestions from the study are:
- Have you hearing tested annually over the age of 60?
- Review all hearing aid option to find the best for you.
- When you have been given hearing aids WEAR THEM DIALY.
- Get tested for hearing loss, if you have cardiovascular disease or diabetes, both can affect your hearing.
- Check with MD and/or Pharmacist to see if any medications can affect hearing
- Tests show that hearing loss contribute as much at 11% to developing dementia.
- Visual and hearing impairment that increases to 85% risk of dementia
Don/t continue to say “What” or have your family complain about how loud the TV is, if your hearing loss is recognized by other, get tested. IF you are given hearing aids wear them …….it is just like taking a medication for any other disease process. Improve both your hearing and memory to expand the enjoyment of your life.