Taking care of your physical self is vital, but it is equally important that you tend to your emotional health. Try to incorporate the following into your daily routine.
- Stay socially active with friends and family and within your community.
- Stay physically active with regular exercise, or just keep moving throughout your day
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet — dump the junk food in favor of fiber-rich, low-fat, and low-cholesterol eating. Check out Mediterranean food selection
- No late-night meals before bedtime
- Don’t neglect yourself: Schedule regular check-ups with your doctor, dentist, and optometrist.
- Have your hearing checked routinely.
- Take all medications as directed by your doctor.
- Have a pharmacist review contraindication every time a new medication is ordered.
- Limit alcohol consumption and cut out smoking.
- Get the sleep that your body needs.
Reap the rewards of your long life, and enjoy each and every day. Now is the time to savor good health and happiness