Just one resolution for 2022. This resolution will undoubtedly improve your mental health and well-being; improve our relationships, and perhaps even improve aspects of our physical health. Resolve to be present.
- Focus your energy on what’s in front of you. This may sound simple, but it requires a shift in thought process and emotions.
- Take time each day to be grateful for aspects of your life that are going well, for things you have, or for the people in your life?
- Notice things around you, such as natural beauty or a new friend or what brings joy to your day.
- Get outside of your head and into your life to notice, enjoy, and attend to what’s happening right now.
- Shift from outcome-oriented living to process-oriented living.
- Practice being present to make small changes to your daily life.
- Look at your to-do list, and instead of feeling overwhelmed by the number of items on it, start at the top of the list and conquer the first task completely.
- Learning to be present will help you achieve other goals and resolutions by changing our commitment to all we do.
- When we become more intentional in our actions our motivation is more genuine.
- We can make decisions more thoughtfully because we are more aware of what we want, how we think, and the impact that our actions have on us and others.
So, make one resolution to be more present in your day for 365 days! Happy Healthy 2022.