Ever wonder why our body is created that way?
- Air we breathe though or nose is warmed up, purified and moisten, to better get into our two lungs.
- Engages the entire ribcage, frees the diaphragm, massages the heart.
- Pulls the lymphic fluid from lower parts of the body
- Our nasal smell receptors (olefactory bulb) connected to the brain helps with new learning, memory enhancement and emotions of threat and fear.
- Nitrous Oxide, the vasodilator of the body reaches our lungs via nasal breathing.
- Nasal (belly breathing) drives more oxygen into all 5 lobes of the lungs.
- Activates the vagus nerve, triggering better rest, digestion, and destresses the nervous system response.
Practice, Practice, Practice! Consciously, breathe in through nose, mouth closed, expanding your belly, expand your ribcage for the count of 8. Then slowly blow out, contracting your belly, until lungs are completely empty, through pursed lips for the count of 8. Repeat throughout the day. Feel Better