We have all done what we can to soothe ourselves over this last year of stress. It may have been increasing our chocolate intake, binge watching Netflix, even going into hibernation. Here are some things to try as we spring into the world to recapture our humanity.
- Pay attention to your smile. Smiling is a mood booster Make that appointment with your dentist for an oral checkup and teeth cleaning. Now as we are unmasking flash those pearly whites. share a smile. Smile is free happiness.
- Hug someone. The human touch is soothing and helps release serotonin and dopamine the feel-good chemicals in our brains.
- Put on real clothes. Yep, they may not button or zip at first but it will signal your spirit that you are ready to leave the house and re-enter the world. Don’t forget your watch and jewelry.
- Plan a get-a-way. Many of us have been traveling in our imagination. Now is the time to travel to a spot where you are comfortable, visiting family or old friends or even hike to a local waterfall.
- Listen to live music. Have you been listening to music while we have been in quarantine. Now switch it up GO _ LIVE. By surrounding yourself with others listening or even dancing where it is safe to do so.