A good night’s rest has never been more necessary, yet harder to achieve! Try these tweaks for your evening routine and sleeping quarters to get the good night’s rest you crave.
- Give your belly a break. Experts recommend staying away from food 3-4 hours before bedtime.
- Ease into bedtime. Build a wind-down routine to prepare for a good night’s sleep.
- Turn off the screens. No TV, computer, iPad, or phone screens, as they suppress melatonin hormone necessary for sleep.
- Turn down the temp. Optimum sleeping temperature is around 65, as too hot or cold interrupts your REM sleep.
- Put plug in the jug. Alcohol reduces REM ( rapid eye movement) sleep which is a critical phase of the sleep cycle that supports our emotional equilibrium and our memory retention .
- Fade to black. Prevent exposure to light to help you sleep more soundly.
- Sound advice. If you are having trouble due to loud noise look into white noise machines or good ear plugs.
- Pillow talk. The best pillow for you is the one that keeps your neck spine aligned, and in a neutral position.
- Reduce work reminders. If your bedroom has also become your office, experts recommend removing work clutter, phones computer for an “our of sight out of mind” concept.
You need to do ALL REPEATEDLY for success. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ